Monday, July 9, 2007

Blue or Pink?

One of my favorite movies growing up was Sleeping Beauty. My sister and I would fight over what color her dress should be, b/c if you watch the very end of the movie Flora and Meriweather (the fairies) change her dress back and forth and my sister and I would strain our eyes to see what color the dress was as Sleeping Beauty fades from the screen. I wanted blue and Devon wanted pink. Well, fast forward to 2007 and as soon as I tell Devon she is going to be an Aunt, she automatically demanded PINK, meaning my baby had better be a girl. And you wouldn't you know, Miss Priss gets her way yet again...;)

We had our ultrasound this morning and as the technician put it: "that's what we call a hamburger, not a hot dog". Geez I love the medical terms! Yes, we are having a little girl and she appears to be healthy and growing right on schedule. The tech estimated her weight at 14 ounces right now :) I have lovely photos of her profile, her hands, her spine and her feet. My doctor said my bloodwork looks good and just to keep on keeping on. I verified YET AGAIN that I could continue running and lifting, as Marsh's entire family was appalled when I told them over the weekend that I was still running. And they about had heart attacks when I picked up Belue (she is our little dog about 45 lbs; I wouldn't dare attempt Munson!!)...I thought something was wrong with Belue when they all gasped. Pregnancy does not mean you have a disease nor does it mean you're fragile. Sometimes I get a little annoyed when people make me feel that way. I know they are just being caring but still...sorry, I don't mean to be ugly. Blame it on hormones!!!

Y'all have a good week!!

4 comments:

Jules said...

You'll be getting an email in a sec but of course I had to rush over to your blog to confirm I had read your latest comment on mine correctly :) YAY!! Welcome to the baby girl club! I know you wanted that rough and tough little boy but you can raise a tomboy too. I'm so excited for you, now it's time to settle on that name. Don't let Marsh twist your arm on a grandma name (just kidding!).

And you are absolutely right, being pregnant does not mean you are crippled! If you feel good, keep on keeping on with the running and lifting. It will help your body recover so much more quickly and supposedly helps with the labor & delivery.

YAY!!!

Takoma Volpe said...

YAY!! Girls are the BEST! Congratulations on your Pink news!

Debbie said...

Congratulations on a girl! I can't believe that I am the only one raising rough and tumble little boys! I am so excited for you and Marsh.

You keep exercising and get ready for that labor and delivery.

Takoma Volpe said...

Ok, Amanda, are you ready to show us some belly shots? :)Laura